Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dr Hickman

You didn't think I'd keep up this now daily blog did you...no, neither did I! Had a great night at the Elbow gig last night. Great venue, quite civilized compared to what you get in the UK and Australia. They didn't want to let me in with just my Australian drivers licence for ID. They relented - thankfully. Support act; Air Traffic were very good in a Coldplay/Keane vein. Elbow were magnificent though. Frontman Guy Garvey has such a great rapport with an audience. He admitted how ridiculous encores are, so asked the crowd to sing a song instead. 'Louie, Louie' was chosen and the Seattle crowd did a great job (it had been 'Wheels on the Bus' the previous night in Vancouver).

Had our first visit to the University of Washington Hospital today. After a 'round the houses' bus trip we eventually arrived and registered. Unfortunately Dr. Hickman was not available to do my procedure. What a disapointment! The procedure was fine though; they administered just enough drugs to make me feel drowsy. Usually I'm knocked out. The revelation was the quality of the food at the hospital. It is actually tasty! Ye gods...I couldn't believe it! I'm actually looking forward to it (this opinion may change in the coming weeks!).

We made our way back to the clinic to meet with Dr. Doney regarding the decision on which chemo protocol to go with. It seems a medium chemo enough to stop the cancer in its tracks, to keep me in remission stage, prior to conditioning is the way to go. It also looks like I can administer the chemo at home via a pump rather than being admitted to hospital. Sounds good so far, we'll see how things progress tomorrow...

No comments: