Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chemo Starts

Started chemo treatment today as an out-patient. Had an initial dose at the clinic; now carrying around a bag which will administer the chemo for the next four days. A bit like a reverse colostomy bag. Was feeling a bit nauseus earlier. Starting to pick up a bit now. Managed to eat some dinner okay as well.

Went out earlier to meet up with a friend of a friend; the lovely Kate or Batty as she is also known! She is from the UK and over here with English rockers UFO keeping them on the straight and narrow and also selling some merchandise for them. I thought I'd pop round as the club is only a few minutes walk away and say 'hello'. She was kind enough to put me on the guest list for tonight as the gig is sold out. I'm feeling up for it and as my blood counts are still high enough I'll head over there later. Be good to see them again. They were one of the first rock bands I ever listened to back in my teens.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Glad to see you're able to combine chemotherapy & clubbing. Cheers from the East Coast!