Monday, May 5, 2008

Daily Update

As promised here is a daily update ("Ooh, how exciting" I hear you cry). Had the usual blood tests this morning. I was expecting to be to admitted to hospital today to get going with the chemo, but it seems the schedule is for the Hickman line (central line to administer drugs/withdraw blood) to be inserted tomorrow morning and then I'll possibly be admitted on Wednesday to start the chemo. We shall see...oh, and the doctor doing the procedure is - wait for it - a Dr. Hickman! I'm just glad his surname isn't Butcher.

Had a long walk today up to the Space Needle/Experience Museum again. I noticed a Post Office up there the other day, so managed to get Jack's birthday box sent in good time for his b'day on the 23rd. Also popped in to Easy Street Records (which just happened to be around the corner). The last of the great independent music store's. Picked up the new 'Fantastic Journey' DVD documentary on the greatest live band of all time - The Who. With 4 hours worth of footage to watch - as I'll be stuck indoors for weeks - this is perfect.

We just met up with Kelly and Pam from Kentucky. Kelly is a transplant survivor on his 12 month check-up. This is a real milestone for those people recovering from a transplant as most complications will appear well within that period. Always nice to come across a success story with Leukaemia.

I'm off to the Showbox Club tonight to see the 'moody and magnificent' Elbow from sunny Manchester. It's my last free night for a while so I'm looking forward to it. I actually saw them in Melbourne last year a week before I was diagnosed with Leukaemia. So it's a bit of an odd feeling seeing them again just as I am about to go back into hospital. A strange coincidence indeed...

1 comment:

OzPom said...

oooo - how exciting!
But seriously it is good to read all the news first hand.
Jacks had a great day here - we had a wee discussion over the positives and negatives of drawing a snake around Sams neck for her Mothers Day picture...I think I convinvced him it was not the best idea in the end!!!! If you can email me you address that would be great - Jack wants to send Sam her Mothers Day Placemat after Fridays Brekkie!