Sunday, May 25, 2008

Husky Hilton


Hello readers (sound like an agony aunt here). Sorry, been a few days since I last posted. A quite uneventful week really until I spiked a temperature on Friday. Spent most of the day in the clinic having tests and another platelet infusion. The doctors decided to admit me to The University of Washington Hospital as my temperature wasn't letting up throughout the afternoon. So, since Friday evening I have been back into my second home of the last year - the hospital bed. I have my own room which is always nice of course. We could have had a battery pack at home dispensing the drugs - similiar to the chemo I recently had - but as I have no immune system a fever is potentially lethal and the doctors didn't want to take any chances. Good news is I haven't had a temperature since Friday night (It did hit 39c though!) so - I hope the doctors release me tomorrow. This is a dent to the budget at this stage we didn't expect; though of course I understand why they were concerned enough to get me in here quick. Looks like the counts might have started moving; so a bone marrow biopsy is likely later this week.

On a lighter note: Jack's birthday was on Friday, he sounded very happy over the phone - which was very nice to hear. Very difficult being away from him for his birthday. Sam's mum Sue organised a little party for him and 3 friends on Saturday after Auskick (kids aussie rules), he was having so much of a good time with them that he didn't want to speak to Sam when she rang on Saturday - definitely a good sign. Sue's been fantastic with them and they both seem very happy. Knowing that makes this considerably easier.

No comments: