Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Hello, Hello, its good to be back..."

Day +53

Sorry for quoting the notorius GG but the lyric seems appropriate. I've been feeling much better in the last few days. Things seem to be settling down gradually. Still not allowed to eat, the gut needs a good rest. I don't have to rush to the bathroom so much which is a relief. The drugs seem to be doing their job though it may take a couple of weeks to really settle everything down and back to normal.

I seem to have a lot more energy at the moment. I'm using an exercise bike every day so that helps. The steroids waste muscle so I need to do something active every day.

Thanks to everyone for your messages of support and sorry I haven't been able to respond to everyone.

Well done the Hawks and Alastair. I listened to the match online (with intermittent vision from the webcam at the apartment). What a great game, I wish we could have been there...hopefully next year.

Current Reading: 'The Honourable Schoolboy' by John Le Carre
Current Listening: 'Bang' by World Party

2 comments:

OzPom said...

WELCOME BACK!

Have missed your posts - but tell Sam she did a good job in your absence. Good to hear you are feeling more human after what has been a rather testing few weeks!
Looking forward to seeing you all back in Aus in Nov - and introducing Jack (and the rest of you of course) to the bump that should be arriving at the same time!
Keep on turning those bike pedals!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kate. I know you have all been waiting for the return of the man himself and his dry wit. Now that he's back, it feels like we over the hump and coasting towards home!