Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Turning the corner?

Day +48

Happy days are here again!

Graham is a bit better today. His 24 hour diarrhea volume (yes, they measure it) has reduced from 2,200 mls to 970mls. They don't know what did the trick but I think it is the combination of the Infliximab, the Mesenchymal Stem Cells and the heartfelt messages of support that we have received from so many people all around the world.

He had a full body CT and MRI today so it would be great to see that the bowel wall inflammation has reduced (the scan on Friday showed that the lining of his gut from his stomach to his bottom from inflamed) when we get the report tomorrow.

I have also received messages from people wanting to donate their Air Miles to get my Mum over and we think it is going to be possible to get her here next week by using Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to San Francisco and United Air Miles to Seattle.

We need another 34,000 Qantas FF's for a return flight to SFO and another 3,000 United AM's for the SFO - SEA return leg.

If you want to donate Qantas FF's, you can do so by logging into your account and donating a minimum of 5,000 (their rules) to my account and similarly, you can do the same with United. With Qantas, you will have to specify that I am a family member and a Qantas employee whom I spoke with this afternoon said that you could put me down as a Sister-in-Law would as they never check!

Please get in touch for my account details.

I will update tomorrow and hopefully I will have some good news. We are marking off the days till we come home on a big wall calender and Jack said "only 52 days to go" to me today!

Sam xx

1 comment:

PJ said...

I'm donating thousands of smiles to you guys. Thanks for the fabulous news.