Monday, June 2, 2008

Hospital



Day three of my hospital stay. Seems to be going very well at the moment. I'm feeling well despite the potent chemo they are currently giving me. A little bit of nausea but my appettite is good. Last nights pasta and meat sauce was excellent - never thought I'd say that while in hospital! Today's toasted cheese sandwich was diabolical though - along with a bowl of tomato soup this is my deathrow meal so you can imagine how disapointed I was! - must have a word with the chef.

Time is going fairly fast in here: Reading, listening to music, arsing about on the internet - thank you facebook - contemplating my navel, that sort of thing.

Looking forward to seeing Jack B on Friday. He is very excited, as you can imagine. He has asked to bring his birthday Spiderman Monopoly in his luggage - at least Poppy won't be around to destroy it mid-game! Hopefully, I will be discharged on Thursday so I can be around him rather than just seeing him on hospital visits.

Current Reading: 'The Adrian Mole Diaries' by Sue Townsend
Current Listening: 'Cities in Dust' by Siouxsie & The Banshees
Currently Eating: Mentos

2 comments:

OzPom said...

To say jack is excited is an understatment! he is on cloud 9 about the whole thing! Not sure how you will get him on the plane home though....i think he already has devious thoughts and plans hatching in his mind!

YM said...

Great blog. I'm glad to read you are feeling pretty okay even with the new chemo. Is the transplant happening soon (I wondered bc of the comment about the nasty cheese sandwich)?

Hang in.

YM