Monday, June 16, 2008

More waiting and Jack

Have been in and out of hospital since last Wednesday with fevers. I was admitted Wednesday and left on Friday. Unfortunately, my temp rose again and I was back in yesterday. They found a bug with the first fever which they are treating with anti-biotics. Still waiting to see if anything turns up with this fever. I don't feel too bad with all this going on; I get a bit warm and an erratic heartbeat occasionally, but generally I feel pretty normal. Cheesed-off - but pretty normal!

Had a day 14 bone marrow biopsy last Friday. The sedative was excellent - I wish I could be on it 24 hours a day. Definitely puts you in a very calm and cosy place and takes you away from all this for a very short while. The early results from the flow came back yesterday and the blasts have dropped from 15 to 9. Good news at such an early stage. I have another biopsy on Friday which will be the clincher though.

Jack is still enjoying his time here. We took him to the Space Needle yesterday but the queue was an hour long to go up to the top so we will go another day. We did stay and do a few things at the fair. We won four cuddly toys for Poppy (dogs and a turtle) so she will be excited when he takes those back for her. She always jumps up and down going "Presents!" when someone has been away.

I'm having a blood transfusion at the moment. I'm feeling strangely invigorated. I can feel it flowing through my veins and my canine teeth are aching. At midnight I fly!

Current Reading: 'The Wasp Factory' by Iain Banks
Current Listening: 'The Singles 92 - 98' by The Verve

1 comment:

OzPom said...

Yeah for the going down numbers!
Glad to hear that jack is still having a great time with you guys -not that that was ever in doubt!
Will keep everything crossed for the next biopsy.