Sunday, November 9, 2008

#2, Thank You



Hello again. Back in hospital having loads of tests (Bone scans, eye tests, ultrasound, CT's etc...). The best ones are yet to come though: Colonoscopy, liver biopsy and the 'look away now if you are sqeamish' an injection in the eye! The last time I experienced such a gruesome thing was watching 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' about 20 years ago. I'm still haunted by it now.

And on another gruesome subject, the diarrhea has virtually stopped so solid #2's are back after 2 months. So in the words of the late great Jeff Buckley (and miserable Mr. Cohen) - Hallehlujah!

I spent the weekend in the cardiac clinic. I experienced a few pains in the chest on Saturday morning so they kept me downstairs on the 3rd floor on the heart monitor. It was nice having my own room again and away from my last room mate: "I know I have tatoo's and a shaved head but I'm quite a nice guy" he says as he wraps his fingers around my throat! Managed to catch-up with a few classic 70's films downstairs: The Omega Man and Logan's Run. Both are still great and The Omega Man shows the lack of imagination used in 'I Am Legend'. Why use poor CGI when make-up effects can be far more appropriate? Sorry, that's my moan for the day.

Thanks to the lovely Cath for the constant supply of magazines.

Current Reading: The Actors Life: Journals 1956-1976 by Charlton Heston ("Prise this book from my cold dead hands")
Current Listening: Adore by The Smashing Pumpkins
Currently Eating: Vegetarian Sushi Roll

No comments: