Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I am Radioactive Man

I AM RADIOACTIVE MAN! Yes, last day of radiation today! Thankfully this has all gone relatively quickly. The Cytoxin chemo was rough though and I did feel pretty sick for a few days. The nausea still comes and goes but is increasingly better day by day. Appettite is still pretty poor, anything with a strong smell is very bad news indeed. So cereal and bananas seem to be the food of choice at the moment. And cups of tea of course!

I admit I was dreading the radiation as I didn't know what to expect; unlike with the chemo. The worst part is standing still for 10 minutes each time. A bit like waiting for a bus that never comes...they do have a 'Where's Wally' poster on the wall which takes all of a minute on your first day to find the little striped shirt glasses wearing git.

Unfortunately, the curly hair is still on my noggin, so looking forward to the skinhead thug look over the next few days when the follicles decide to remove themselves once again.

The big day is tomorrow. Day zero. A new birthday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!! Thank-you to everyone who has helped Graham get to transplant. Sam xx

Anonymous said...

Best of luck for tomorrow and the coming weeks...

From Chris and Shelley x

Anonymous said...

Sam and Graham

Best of luck tomorrow. May it be very uneventful and boring!

Get some sleep tonight if you can. I remember being so excited, terrified, and thankful
all rolled into one.

Have a good birthday and a piece of cake!

OzPom said...

YIPPEEEEE!
GO Graham!
Good luck for tomorrow