Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spinal Tap

Headache, headache, headache. That's why I haven't been blogging in the past week. The Lumber Puncture I had (needle in spine to see if any Leukeamia is present) gave me raging headaches. I think they used to call them Spinal Taps so to paraphrase the great Nigel Tuffnel "this pain goes up to 11". Thankfully I'm over it now and in hospital for the biggy. I've had two days of chemo with one more to go tomorrow. Followed by a day of rest then four days of radiation. I'm feeling okay apart from the times they give me pre-meds for the anti-fungal drugs. It's like being slapped in the face with a large wet fish. You suddenly find yourself half way between being asleep and wide awake - drowsy is possibly the word I'm looking for...horrrible sensation is two others.

Anyway, I've had the pleasure of lovely sis Tracey for the past six days so a nice distraction from all the medical stuff. She was kind enough to bring me 500 PG Tips tea bags, 24 bags of Walkers crisps and enough chocolate to make Augustus Gloop a happy chappy, all craftily smuggled in her underwear - remarkable. Unfortunately, the opium, asian ladies and packet of Hoola Hoops were difficult to obtain at such short notice. Such is life.

A big thank you to the lovely Shelley for the supply of books ('when in Market Harborough visit Waterstone's for the best of books and things' - I knew I should have gone into advertising) and Kate for the lovely gift of a UFO American tour t.shirt and band autographs; which the fiendish Mark Cole has placed on ebay for my fund!

Current Reading: 'Any Human Heart' by William Boyd (thanks to Shelley of Market Harborough, England)
Current Listening: 'Talkie Walkie' by AIR (thanks to BenoƮt Dunckel and Nicolas Godin of Paris, France)
Currently Eating: Fry's Peppermint Cream (thanks to the Simpson's of Corby, England)

No comments: