Saturday, May 17, 2008

Recovering


A beautiful Summers day in Seattle today. Actually, the last few days have been great. With a clear sky we now have a snowy mountain backdrop behind the Space Needle - stunning. I'm so tempted to get out and about, not impossible, but must be very careful regards coming into contact with people. We had a kind invite to the Mariner's game last night (Seattle's baseball team) from Ruth and Louis' daughter Naomi, and I would have loved to have gone but a bit too risky at this early stage methinks. Hopefully my counts will return within the next 2 weeks and I may possibly get to the Rush concert at the Gorge. That will certainly lift my spirits. Speaking of lifted spirits; great to hear that Hawthorn (Melbourne aussie rules team) won yesterday in a very close game indeed. Sam was streaming the game online and I could see a fist pump the air everytime they scored a point!

My apettite seems to have returned fully which is great. There is nothing worse than being nauseated by just the sight of food...let alone struggling to eat it. I can't afford to lose weight and strength prior to transplant so its a relief it has come back so soon. Apart from a tingling sensation in a couple of fingers I feel very well indeed. Had a few aches and pains earlier in the week which seem to have now gone completely. I even managed some time on the exercise bike yesterday afternoon; which had me sweating like a demon after only a few minutes.

Met with the doctors yesterday and they seem very happy with the way things are progressing. Transplant date is set for late June; though we can hopefully move this forward if I recover quicker than expected.

Think I'll pop out and enjoy some sunshine...

Current Reading: 'The Constant Gardener' by John Le Carre
Current Listening: 'Dead Bees on a Cake' by David Sylvian
Currently Eating: Cheese and Tomato Bagel by Sam

2 comments:

OzPom said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and eating Sams bagels again! Game was very exciting - and much to Gregs disgust I was getting very excited over the Hawks winning (hes a firm Carlton Boy and says I have to support by marriage...) although I still would prefer to watch a decent game of rugby....

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you can stomach a bagel. Take Care.
Vicki East Bentleigh
Look forward to reading more blogs